Bonus Candy (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.This policy (together with our website terms and conditions that apply to your use of our website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bonus Candy, The Well House, Hibbert Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1UT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bonuscandy.com (the Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our newsletter, posting discounts and other material or contacting us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
4. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
1. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
2. To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
3. To speed up your searches.
4. To recognise you when you return to our site.
Bonuscandy.com may also allow advertisers and other third parties to place cookies onto your computer when you visit this website.
The cookies placed by advertisers and other third parties are used to keep track of the web searches you make while visiting this website, as well as your web surfing behaviour on this website and other websites you may visit. That information is used to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on this and other websites, and/or to keep track of your response to each ad.
If you register with Bonuscandy.com or sign up for any of our newsletters or alerts, we will send you information about our voucher codes or other products and services we feel may interest you. Your e-mail address may also be used to send you information about our other websites that we feel are relevant to your registration on vouchercodes.co.uk. This will be limited specifically to websites we own and you will only receive e-mails directly from us.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
5. To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our affiliate advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If bonuscandy.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of VoucherCodes.co.uk, our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of Â£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.